Saturday, January 8, 2011

Mila Banana Smoothie

My son and I have been drinking Mila smoothies about every other day for the last few weeks. Mila is basically chia seed that is ground (therefor easier to drink and tastier) but still raw and unprocessed. The extra fiber does us well and chia seeds are touted as a super food.
Usually we make a shake with banana only, but today we added some frozen raspberries. I prefer it this time of year over my usual smoothie because it's at room temperature, whereas most of my smoothies contain a great deal of frozen fruit.
If you want to make a raw shake, use fresh coconut water (not coconut milk from a can).

Mila Banana Smoothie

3/4 c vanilla soymilk (or any milk)
3/4 c water
1 banana
1/3 c frozen (or fresh) raspberries

Add ingredients to blender and blend for about 20 seconds. Super easy and delicious. If you don't add the raspberries, use a large banana or two small ones.





No comments:

Post a Comment