Tuesday, September 7, 2010

It's Fall Already- You Know What That Means...Horror Films!

Summer is my favorite season, so I'm pretty stoked that it's still shorts and t-shirt weather here in the Catskills.  Every year I mourn the leaves falling from the trees, as much as I love that fall smell.  On the flip side, there's Halloween.
Every September I start loading my Netflix queue up with horror movies.  Some slashers, some kitsch.  Last year the rotation included watched Evil Dead 2, Ginger Snaps, Sleepy Hollow (a classic), Amityville Horror, House, and Rob Zombie's Halloween.  This year we're considering re-watching The X-Files- my son was too young the first time I saw it and at 14 years old, he'll probably appreciate it.  Will also watch Zombie's 2nd Halloween (although I've been told it is disappointing).
In a few more years, I'll be re-visiting Twin Peaks, which is all the eerier when there's a chill in the air.

1 comment:

  1. Yay for horror movies! We had such fun watching them as kids with big bowls of mint choco chip and air popped popcorn. Love the zombie card. Zombie movies are my favorite horror sub-genre next to vampires.

    ReplyDelete