Wednesday, September 28, 2011

End of the Harvest

Already the leaves are turning yellow and falling from the trees.  Sadly, yesterday I raked about 5 large piles worth.  The tomatoes and other goodies in my garden are probably going to get hit by frost this weekend, so I'm going to harvest what I can on Friday.

It has been a very wet September.  A good part of the East Coast has been ravaged by hurricanes and more rain, rain, rain.  My pumpkins are still turning orange, but quite a few are ready to be turned into pumpkin pies.  I have a feeling that my flower garden will meet its' end soon, as well.  In the next few weeks, I'll have to unearth the dahlia bulbs so I can replant them next year.
I also have to figure out where to plant my tulip bulbs.  They should be planted within the next couple of weeks.  I'm looking forward to expanding my flower and vegetable gardens next year.

1 comment:

  1. lovely pumpkins and what a beautiful red dahlia! I've planted loads of tulips all over my garden too.

    ReplyDelete