Friday, February 11, 2011

Book Review: Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World

Cupcakes are hot right now.  Remember when bagels were huge in the early 90's?  Bagel shops were everywhere.  Then, Krispy Kreme doughnuts (which I have never tried) were all the rage.  Cupcakes are currently it, but not just any cupcakes- vegan cupcakes.
Believe it or not, and I know that there are many disbelievers out there, vegan cupcakes rock.  At least, the ones I made from Terry Hope Romero & Isa Chandra Moskowitz's Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World do.   So far I can recommend the Rum Raisin Cupcakes w/ Rum Glaze & Rummy Buttercream Frosting + Chocolate Stout Cupcakes (with my own coconut cocoa cream frosting).  Delicious!
The recipes are pretty straightforward and easy to follow.  There are a couple of gluten-free recipes and the variety of recipes is solid- I never felt like I was reading the same recipe twice.  Oh, and the ingredients are easy to come by.
A great little cookbook.  I'm not much of a baker, but I found these cupcakes pretty fool-proof and can't wait to make more.  Next up- Chai Latte Cupcakes to accompany an Indian dinner I'm making this Thursday.  Yum!







No comments:

Post a Comment