Thursday, December 16, 2010

Back to the Future

Records are more than just nostalgic at this point- they are here to stay.  Whereas I feel sentimental about cassette tapes, I actually prefer listening to a record now and then.  Most people like the warm sound of analog over digital.  The cover art is an obvious bonus.  I appreciate the time it takes to put on a record.  I'm obviously not alone because a lot of bands still insist up creating albums on vinyl.
Let's face it- MP3's are too easy.  Kind of like McDonald's, without the grease.  Remember how hard it used to be to find a cassette by that college radio band you adored way back in high school?  Well, I feel the same excitement when I've found something I really wanted on vinyl.
So, slow life down.  Stop what you are doing and take the time to play side B.  Rock out to the Doors or Blondie like there's nothing else you have to do.




No comments:

Post a Comment